What is the Best Sport to Trade on Betfair - Football?
Anyone who has been around Betfair Trading Community for a while will know that one of the first pillars of advice we give our new sports traders is to master one sport at a time before moving onto another one. The four main sports we cover are football, tennis, horse racing and cricket and we will do a piece on each sport.
In this series we will talk about why each sport can be better than the other and hopefully help you to decide which sport you want to trade yourself!
Today's sport is Football so if you have any interest in trading this sport then read/watch/listen on:
10 reasons you should consider trading football above other sports:
1. It is probably the most media covered sport in the world - as a result if you dig deep enough there is plenty of information out there to research for your trades.
2. It is the sport most people who join Betfair will know the best as a result of the above and it's general popularity.
3. The main bulk of big liquidity games tend to be at times to suit the working person in Europe, so if you have a regular 9-5pm job Monday-Friday in the UK, you should be able to do all of your trading in your time off and not miss a lot of the key games.
4. Football markets are very stable in-play, there are only a few factors that change the price, therefore you can plan your moves. The only thing that is likely to move a market gradually is time, as time depreciates prices will move if 0-0 the draw odds will shorten, unders goal markets will shorten. The only things that will move the market in a big way quickly are goals or red cards. So you can develop your Betfair trading strategies and systems around this.
5. We have incredible and unique football trading software that you can use to choose the games you want to trade that day - https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/statistics?advagg=0
So you can create your own filter for finding the games that meet your trading criteria in advance, or follow our pre-set member's filters if you do not want to create one of your own Betfair trading strategies. Not only does this help gain you a potential edge on the Betfair markets but it also will save you bags of time not researching through the list of every game each day to narrow your selections down.
6. We also have our own BTC football ratings for all of the days games! https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/ratings?advagg=0
The ratings are all compiled from our extensive stats database and are exclusive to BTC members; you won't find them anywhere else on the internet.
Our daily email football selections we send out to members each day make it easy for you to adopt and follow Betfair trading strategies that have been tested and proven to work over long periods of time. Also posted on the the site here: https://betfairtradingcommunity.com/en/trading-angles
8. BTC Members Forum support is huge for football trading as it is the sport most of our Betfair traders trade: http://forum.betfairtradingcommunity.com/
Not only is there the football trading thread but many members have now set up their own profitable football trading strategy threads! Well worth a look.
9. Pre-Match football trading is a great way to trade without having to take the risk of going in-play. Like Horses the prices do tend to move up and down a bit even in the huge liquidity games, sometimes they can move a lot and if you are on the right end of that it can be a nice way to make a profit before the event has even begun!
10. There are a lot of games to trade on throughout the year and you will be rarely struggling to find something to trade. There are so many worthwhile trading leagues in Europe, South America and Asia that no matter the time of year there will always be a weekly feast of footballing action to sink your teeth into!
So there you have it, 10 very good reasons you should trade football above other sports! Join us next time when we will argue that Horses are the best sport to start learning to trade.